Sunday, January 10, 2010

His love is relentless...

Always taking the hard way
Hoping to hide in some distant place
Thinking, “maybe, if I can run that far
I can escape You, but there You are.”

Your love is relentless
And Your touch leaves me defenseless
I fight, I scream, I shout
I run till the road runs out
But Your desire is in this
Your love is relentless

Hiding under my brave face
Coolly resisting Your warm embrace
And tell me: haven’t You had enough
Haven’t I hurt You
Why don’t you give me up?

Your love is relentless
And Your touch leaves me defenceless
I fight, I scream, I shout
I run till the road runs out
But Your desire is in this
Your love is relentless

I fly through darkness to the farthest sea
No matter where I go You still find me....

Your love is relentless...
WOW!! God’s love has transformed my life, and through the years He has allowed me the privilege of watching Him use that in me to transform others that have crossed my path! What a journey it has been!!!!!!!!!!

God’s love causes us to blossom. It brings out the best in us. It lets us be(come) all that we can be.

It has been the exception, rather than the rule, that I have I known someone who has been able to love like this: Earlier on in my life when I still had a lot of raw hurt in my life I would experience times when I desperately needed to feel loved. I’m not referring to romantic love, but a love that didn’t ask anything in return and that would embrace me just as I was – broken and lost.
However, in those times of need – when I desperately NEEDED to feel loved – I would do precisely the opposite and withdraw from people, and especially from her. She, however, was the one place where I felt safe, but still I did not feel safe enough to accept her love and allow it to heal my life as God intended it.

What was most precious to me though, was that she was able to recognize that I would withdraw precisely when I needed love the most. And she relentlessly kept pushing her way through my walls of brokenness and defensiveness. She was determined to love me through to wholeness!! And I have never stopped being grateful to God for it!!!

She taught me much about love... and it changed me. Now I get to see how it changes others through God’s relentless love in me!

Lord, what a privilege... what an honor... Thank you for what You’ve done IN me, and what you’re doing THROUGH me... may it bring You alone honor and glory – a testimony of Your loving kindness.

I love You because You first loved me! Thank you for never giving up on me!

No comments: